Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church is seeking to hire a Part-Time Maintenance Worker
– To ensure that Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church (FMBC) and the Center for Families (CFF) properties are well maintained at all times.
– To assist FMBC/CFF members, guests and tenants with all facility related requests.
The Maintenance Workers’ primary responsibilities include:
1. Coordinate major repairs with i.e., electrical etc. with outside vendors.
2. Coordinate maintenance of the church owned vehicles as needed.
3. Fill baptismal pool, clean and maintain after each usage.
4. Organization, setup, and layout of the sanctuary.
5. Keep files for safety-related information (toxins, dangerous equipment, etc.)
6. Coordinate maintenance contracts and with outside vendors.
7. Work with Operations Manager to ensure adequate amount of supplies are maintained.
8. Work with the Operations Manager to coordinate daily calendar events and daily operations of both buildings.
9. Support functions – Sunday School, Weddings, Funerals and weekly events by providing appropriate set up, tear down and cleaning.
10. Snow removal in areas where the snow removal service cannot get to immediately.
11. Miscellaneous coordination of cleaning projects and other responsibilities may be required as needed.
Job Skills and Requirements:
1. Able to lift up to 50 lbs. and climb high ladders. Must always be safety cautious .
2. Must be able to collaborate and coordinate with Operations Manager and Building & Property Team.
Job Skills Preferred:
1. Knowledge of alarm systems
2. Boiler Certification
Hours are 7am – Noon, Monday – Thursday and Saturday.