The Board of Deacons (BOD) is responsible for the spiritual health of the church. We continue to serve our congregation by meeting their spiritual and personal needs through our various ministries.
We recently increased the number of Deacons on the BOD to help us be more proactive and effective in meeting the needs of the FMBC body. We have expanded our Evangelism Ministry, our outreach to the community and also our Nursing Home Visitation Ministry. We continue to manage emergency assistance via our Member and Non-Member Emergency Funds, which are designed to help those in urgent financial need. We also support the physical health of our members via our Fitness and Faith Ministries.
Our overall goals are to:
- Help develop the engagement of our new members
- Host the annual Deacons Picnic for members and community
- Host the annual Deacons Family Plan dinner for members
- Conduct weekly Wednesday Noon Day Bible Study for Seniors
- Conduct weekly Prayer Meeting each Wednesday at 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Via our Transportation Ministry, provide transportation to those who need rides to and from church
- Participate with our monthly outreach via People Serving People, serving food at Homeless Shelters
- Offer support through our Bereavement Ministry, acknowledging those who have lost loved ones
The BOD meets once a month on the 3rd Thursday at 6:30 pm.