Prov. 22:6, “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
Our mission is to introduce young people into service of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the service of His church, and the service of His people through the spiritual gift of Helps (ushering). In accordance with biblical principles, Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church Junior and Youth ushers are taught to assist the pastor, meet and greet, maintain order, receive offering, and represent Jesus and His Church to the public to the degree that others enjoy and remember the relationship between them and the ushers.
- To allow a variety of children, ages 6-18, to participate in ushering and manage the affairs of a structured organization with in the church
- To develop training plans and schedules as well as duty performance schedules
- To manage and take charge of ushering during regular Sunday worship services
- To develop and teach children and youth in the correct procedures of ushering in accordance with the Universal Ushering Manual
- To develop future senior ushers and leaders
- To develop trainers and instructors for the School of Ushering
- To produce graduates of the School of Ushering with a Bachelor’s Degree in Ushering
- The Junior Ushers serve on 3rd and 5th Sundays from September through June at both worship services and at other special events throughout the year.
- FMBC usher training is held the 2nd Saturday of every month from 10:00am to 11:00am. There are other training opportunities available throughout the year that will be announced as they come up.
- Meetings are held on an as needed basis for the junior and youth ushers.
Steve Gardner – email@example.com