A Message from the Sunday School Superintendent
“Reimagine Sunday School”
Welcome to Sunday School! Our purpose is to provide adults with biblical instruction and principles that will aid them in their Christian walk, witness, development, and service.
I praise God for all members of Sunday School. If you are not yet a member, I invite you to join one of the classes. I assure you that the knowledge gained from participating in Sunday School will help you as you move along your spiritual journey. In addition, participating will strengthen you to become more effective in, and committed to your spiritual calling.
Contrary to what is commonly believed, that only “smart and educated people” can understand the Bible, is not true. All believers can understand the Word of God because it is the work of the Holy Spirit who gives understanding. Remember that God’s Spirit is at work at all times in the life of every believer.
To help you become a stronger Bible student, I offer six simple suggestions for study. If you put these considerations into practice, I am confident that you will not only become an effective student, but the Word of God will also become a reality in your life.
- Be intentional. Commit to make Sunday School a priority in your life. Decide that it is equally as important as your job, eating, checking your electronic messages, socializing, etc.
- Attend class regularly. Because the lessons are sequenced, missing a Sunday will leave a void in your learning. If you must be absent, call a fellow class member to find out what you missed.
- Come to class on time. The introduction and background information give the setting of the lesson, which help you to put the lesson in perspective.
- Get organized. Keep your lesson notes in a binder or an electronic folder. Refer back to previous lessons for background information.
- Study the lesson prior to coming to class. Set aside a specific time during the week to allow for study. If studying before class poses a challenge for you, come to class, then review the lesson and notes after class. Having heard the discussion sometimes helps you better understand the lesson.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will open your mind to receive something special from each lesson.
Reimagine Sunday School! If the lessons help you, invite a friend. Perhaps your friend will be blessed as well.
Sunday School Superintendent